Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Don't Let's Start

I'm totally loving They Might Be Giants again. They rock.

Anyway. What an... a... somewhat eventful day. Sort of.

I went and applied for the press operator job. then I went to market mall, resume in hand to give to taco time... but... I just couldn't do it. :P

but whatever. About an hour after I got home, the place where I did drop off a resume phoned... informed me that I wasn't really what they were looking for... for a press operator. :P But we did set up an interview for a... answering phone.. customer... binding... thing. But I could learn so much about the industry, and yeah. It would just... I dunno. It'd be quite an experience if I do get it. which I hope I do. Cuz he said that later, as the company grows, they might need another prepress person... which means design, baby. :P Not that they'd like anything I do. Heh. Sigh. Maybe they would. It wasn't all bad.

But whatever. My hopes are sort of getting up there again. :S Not cool. But! The thing that convinced me to go apply was my horoscope today :P read: It's time to realize that you create your own luck. Sometimes you can get so caught up in making other people comfortable that you don't speak up or snag an opportunity when the time is right. Step up before it's too late.

Crazy, right? But whatever. So. I know, the key is to just be confident and not shy, cuz they want me to be at the front dealing with people (goodness, you just... can't get away from people in life... but whatever. People aren't that bad.) So yeah. Just. Be confident. Not your usual shy self. :P Ugh. Being shy is horrible. I'm going to just... be me. Normal. Pretend I'm talking to mandy or something.. haha. :P Maybe not a good idea... maybe talking to a friend... yeah. I'm not afraid of my friends. For the most part... :P But yeah, so, I just don't wanna jinx this. :P that's why I waited til 20 after 9 to share the news. :P Couldn't keep it in anymore. So. I'd like to get this job, because it would mean not dealing with food. Or (hopefully not) grouchy hungry people. :P So... woo! Hopefully they'll love me! :P And hopefully I'll be able to speak clearly... and.. not mumble. Oh crap. Need to practice. "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam." Haha. Oh, the office. How I love thee. :P Not that I think the real world is actually like that or anything... cough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreamlover said...

I love They Might be Giants, Ana Ng and They'll need a crane! ;0)

My hot friend Matt sent me a whole bunch of their songs!

Good Luck with the interview!!

November 15, 2006 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo good luck I'm keeping my fingers crossed for yah!! Nice to hear that your day was a better one!

November 16, 2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker
eXTReMe Tracker